Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Red Sox Cake

 For my Dad's 50th birthday, guess who was in charge of the cake?  Yours truly.  His only request was "chocolate."  While I could have just picked up a chocolate sheet cake, I figured I should make him one of my cakes...since he is my dad and all :)  After thinking long and hard, I decided that baseball season was close enough and that I was going to make him a Red Sox cake. 
I covered the cake with white fondant.  Then I cute a large circle out of white fondant.  Then I cut red "Socks" out of fondant and decorated them with white royal icing and white fondant. Then I piped blue and red baseball seams on it.  Finally I finished the cake with blue shell borders. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great cake, Heather! Love the new look to your website, too. :)

    ReplyDelete