Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Zoo Animal Quilt



After creating the Aquarium Animal quilt, I instantly wanted to make another quilt for Jack's little brother. Though he is a baby, I am sure that he will grow to appreciate this quilt which is full of the cutest little zoo animals. I found an adorable fabric that had zoo animals on it already and I used that along with a blue fabric as the border to this one. The animals on the quilt were sketched and then turned into fabric. I appliqued the pieces to the white fabric and used a zig zag stitch around the shapes. This made the animals come to life.



This past of the quilt has a lion, a zebra, a monkey, and a tucan. The characters have a cartoon-like quality to them that makes you want to smile!

This part of the quilt has a turtle, a tiger, a giraffe, and a hippo.

No comments:

Post a Comment